The St. James-Assiniboia School Division (SJASD) is pleased to offer a confidential support line for Staying-Well to assist our school communities during the COVID-19 pandemic and the suspension of in-school classroom learning. This support line is available to parents, caregivers, staff and of course, our students.
Please note, this is not a crisis line. The SJASD helpline is an opportunity to ask questions, talk, and to be supported during the suspension of in-school classroom learning. We commit to answering emails and phone messages in a timely manner; however, we cannot guarantee next day service. Our Divisional team of experts in education and mental health are here to offer support on a wide variety of topics.
Here is just a sample of topics we can help with:
- Connecting to the appropriate school support personnel
- Connecting to the appropriate agencies
- Supporting parents
- Supporting children with disabilities
- Assisting with supporting basic needs
- Coping with change
- Accessing mental health information
- Coping with stress and anxiety
- Coping with feelings of depression (feeling stuck)
- Managing technology
- Staying active
- Accessing government programs
- Assistance in setting up routines
- Accessing resources
- Finding balance when supporting students learning at home
All questions pertaining to classroom programming are to be directed to the appropriate classroom teacher.
To access SJASD's support line please send a confidential email including the question or concern you may have to email@example.com.
If you do not have access to email, call 431-338-8463 and follow the instructions on the voicemail message.
Please visit our Division website at www.sjasd.ca for more information related to COVID-19.
*Please direct any concerns about children's safety to:
- Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network (ANCR) - 204-944-4200
**If you, your child, or another family member are in immediate crisis or require immediate 24/7 supports, please reach out to:
- Kids Help Phone counsellors 1-800-668-6868
- Manitoba Suicide Hotline 1-877-435-7170
- Klinic Crisis Line 204-786-8686
- Or visit your nearest emergency room or call 911