At St. James-Assiniboia School Division we offer online learning through a partnership with the Pembina Trails School Division called InformNet. Online courses are available to interested students who cannot get into a course offered at their school, need a credit for graduation or would like to try a course not offered at their home school.
InformNet courses provide students with daily instruction, assignments and evaluation through regular email and web-based interaction with a certified high school teacher.
InformNet is an accredited online high school. Students who participate in internet-based learning on InformNet may achieve high school credits, approved by Manitoba Education. Credits are provided by the student's home school when subject requirements are met.
Guidance counsellors and school administrators have the right to limit access to online courses if there are relevant academic issues that would affect a student's progress in an online environment.
Who is InformNet for?
InformNet provides options and opportunities for learners in many situations:
• students registered in high schools that may not be able to provide core, complimentary or optional courses for a variety of reasons (e.g. staffing, scheduling and enrolment)
• students who are currently on a home school program (e.g. due to health issues and schools of choice decisions)
• mature and adult students in a variety of situations (e.g. those enrolled in adult learning centres, part-time students and those desiring upgrading or additional courses for continuing education purposes
• students whose life and career goals frequently require extended periods of time away from their designated school (e.g. those students who are involved in the performing arts and elite athletics)
• students whose family circumstances necessitate extended periods of travel or relocation (e.g. missionary or humanitarian work, cultural exchanges and career- or job-related transfers)
For more information and to register, visit our website at: http://www.informnet.mb.ca