Welcome to the Hedges Middle School website. This has been an exciting year for our school. With the St. James-Assiniboia Middle Years re-organization taking place, Hedges Middle School now has four Elementary Feeder Schools in our catchment which has doubled our student population over the past year. This has brought increased opportunity and diversity to our students and staff.
There are many ways to ensure your child has success at Hedges:
Parents should take an active role in their child's education – students always have more success when the school and home work together.
· Monitor your child when they are completing homework.
· Ask your child about the positives that happened during their day.
· Make sure your child has a good night's rest, eats a healthy breakfast and arrives to school on time.
· Regularly check the many Hedges Social Media sites to stay informed on what is happening in the school.
· Contact your child's teachers and check the Parent Portal (grade 7 and 8) in PowerSchool to keep up to date on your child's progress.
Students are offered many activities to get involved in at Hedges including the SJAHA, sports teams, arts (band, choir, dance, artistic mediums, drama, improv) and various clubs. Students can also take part in ski trips, fall camp, band camp and field trips that develop important peer relationships and extend learning outside of the classroom walls. Parents can be involved at Hedges by volunteering to chaperone on field trips, drive to sporting events or assist at any of the many school activities that we host.
At Hedges, we value the connections we have with our students, their families and the community. We look forward to a successful and enjoyable year of growth. Our dedicated Staff will continue to teach and encourage your child to reach their full potential. In the words of Walt Disney, "If you can dream it, you can do it".
Mrs. Tammy Baydock