Our Parent Council will be holding the Scholastic “Saddle Up & Read” Book Fair next week during our Student-led Conferences. Profits from the Book Fair are used to buy books for the school library and classroom book collections. So the more books purchased, the more books the school will receive. It's win-win! You get the convenience of shopping while you're at the school anyway (just in time the the holidays) and the school gets more books for students to read at school. Flyers have been sent home with your children so that you can get a preview of the books that will be available for purchase.
Parent Council has sent home a request for volunteers to help with the set-up, running and take-down of the Book Fair. If you are available to help out, please fill out the form and send it back to school with your child by Monday, November 20th. If you are not able to volunteer, please be sure to visit the Book Fair (in the gymnasium) and help to make it a great success!
The following is a list of the dates and times when volunteers are needed:
- Thursday, November 23: 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM (set-up)
- Thursday, November 23: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, November 23: 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Friday, November 24: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- Friday, November 24: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Friday, November 24: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (take-down)