for the 2022-2023 school year began Friday, January 28, 2022.
Please contact the school if you have any questions about the programs our school offers or about student registration.
The school will accept registrations starting January 28, 2022. Electronic submissions are preferred (email to firstname.lastname@example.org), however if you are unable to submit electronically you may print one or contact the school for a paper form. A custodial parent must register the child and provide the following original documents by March 25, 2022:
- École Assiniboine Registration Form 2022-2023 (click to download)
- Birth Certificate (Original birth certificate is required. Photocopies are not acceptable)
your child is not born in Canada, you will be required to provide
citizenship papers or one of the following documents: Permanent Resident
card, Record of Landing, Valid Work Permit/Visa, Valid Study Permit
- Manitoba Health card showing child & parent names
Proofs of Residency (eg. MB medical card, valid Manitoba driver’s
license, lease agreement, house title or other official documents
indicating address of residence.)
French Immersion Kindergarten
French Immersion in St. James-Assiniboia begins in Kindergarten. For more information see French Immersion Kindergarten.
Literacy Links 2022
Literacy Links is a FREE summer literacy program that supports parents who have a child entering Kindergarten this fall. Please check out the following for more information
Not certain which school is your designated catchment area school?
- Click here to be redirected to the School Locator system on our School Division's website.
Looking to register at a school outside of your catchment area for the 2022-2023 school year?
- Your child must be registered at your catchment school first. Then you may add your name to the wait list of the school you wish your child to attend.
- Schools will begin accepting requests for out of catchment registrations starting February 11, 2022.
- Families on the waitlist will be notified of the status of their request starting June 17, 2022.