Health Care Aide Bridge Program
Become a Certified Health Care Aide in 16 weeks through St.James-Assiniboia Continuing Education's Health Care Aide Bridge Program.
Start Date /End Date
Program will commence August 8, 2022 and completed by December 16, 2022.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- English language competency requirement Level 6 IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Level 7 CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark).
- Successful completion of 7-day Health Care Support Worker micro-credential from Assiniboia Community College, Red River Polytech or University College of the North.
- Worked as an uncertified Health Care Aide (UHCA) for a minimum of 1200 hours paid work experience in the past 24 months.
A blended learning experience with combination of Online learning, in-person classes and skills labs and a two-week practicum.
- Health Care System & Role of the HCA
- Communication & Interpersonal Relationships
- Safety in Acute, Long-Term and Community Settings
- The Life Cycle
- Caring for Clients in the Community
- Caring for Clients in Long-Term Care
- Body Structure and Functions
- Activities of Daily Living
- Food Safe
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
Textbooks: Sorrentino, Sheila. "Mosby's Canadian Textbook for Support Workers"
*Pass mark of 75% must be attained on all tests, quizzes and final exam*
$3,500 (includes Textbooks, CPR, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention & Food Safe Handling).
Tuition assistance available through Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration