*PLEASE REFER TO CURRENT JOB POSTINGS FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A POSTED POSITION*
Click below to download the appropriate application:
Completed applications can be mailed or emailed to:
St. James-Assiniboia School Division
2574 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3J 0H8
For all teaching positions:
Kristina Pawlyk, Senior Management Secretary
For all non-Teaching Support positions, Maintenance, Transportation and Custodial positions:
Alison Wheeler, HR Assistant for MANTE and CUPE
How to Apply for all non-teaching positions:
Please visit the Non-Teaching Vacancies section
of our website and review all the available postings. (You can also navigate to this section by going to our website at www.sjasd.ca, then clicking on "Employment," followed by "Non-Teaching Vacancies").
Each non-teaching position will have instructions on how to apply. For positions that require your application to be emailed, please note that we require one email for each position applied for, along with the job vacancy number in the subject line of the email. (If you have any questions about these processes, please email Alison Wheeler above).
Substitute Teacher Application Information - please refer to Teaching Vacancies for further information on applying as a substitute.
Casual Educational Assistant Information
The St. James Assiniboia School Division is seeking casual Educational Assistants to fill in at our schools as needed. If you submit a resume and or application, you will still be considered for a position, but providing the additional documents assists in speeding up the process.
To fast track your application, please submit all
of the following:
- Non-Teaching Application Form.
- Current Resume.
- Two completed Reference Check Forms or letters of reference from current or previous supervisors.
- Criminal Record Check: Until you have received the verified form from the City of Winnipeg Police Department, please submit your receipt.
- Employees must complete their Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check online. Please log on to: https://www.winnipeg.ca/police/services/online-record-checks and request the online search. When you get to the Agency Information page, you must enter our name as St. James-Assiniboia School Division - Employees (if you enter the St. James part, the rest should show up). It is vital that you put the period in St. The mailing address you use for yourself to complete the online application, must match the address on your ID. If you chose not to use Equifax, you will be required to go downtown to show your ID in person.
- Once your online application is approved, you will receive an email, then you log into your account and share the results with the Division.
- If you live outside of Winnipeg, you will be required to complete your check by the local RCMP.
- Please note that you are requesting a VULNERABLE SECTOR SEARCH.
- Once it's completed, you will need to log back into your City of Winnipeg account and then choose to “share," your check with the St. James-Assiniboia School Division – Employees. Please let us know when you have shared it and we will then retrieve the document. If you print it up yourself, there is a VOID watermark on it which we unable to accept
Copies of Certificates of Completion for the Following Optional Items:
- Child Abuse Registry Check: Until you have received the results, please submit your receipt. Once you receive your completed checks, it is your responsibility to ensure you provide our office with a copy of the checks. The child abuse check can be scanned and emailed directly to us. Your criminal record check should be “shared," online with the St. James-Assiniboia School Division - Employees (or you may come to our office and we will make a copy from the original/s).
- EA Diploma
- First Aid/CPR
- NVCI, WEVAS, Low Arousal
Please submit all required and optional items to the Division Board Office 2574 Portage Avenue or email email@example.com