Educational Support Services (E.S.S.) provides clinical support services to children, youth, parents and teachers in the St. James-Assiniboia School Division. Our professional team includes: Speech/Language Pathologists, Social Workers, Psychologists, Reading Clinicans, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and a Behaviour Intervention Team.
Objectives of Educational Support Services
- To meet the needs of children in the learning process
- To provide intervention on an individual, family and small group basis
- To assist in the early identification of children with special needs, and social, emotional, learning and communicating concerns
- To assist teaching staff and parents to provide an environment which enhances learning
- To provide workshops and in-servicing for school staff, other professionals, and parents with respect to children's learning, social and emotional difficulties
- To foster interagency cooperation and partnerships with community-based services
Educational Support Services Protocol
The following protocol is meant to guide the process of supporting and working effectively with students with exceptional needs learning in the St. James-Assiniboia School Division. We encourage parents and guardians to review this document to gain an understanding of process, roles, and how we support students with exceptional needs:
Anxiety and Worry: Strategies and Intervention
Virtual Presentation: April 11, 2023, 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
ESS is pleased to present strategies and interventions that will help your child/teen's ability to cope with stress! Divisional School Psychologist will provide an interactive session virtually through teams on cognitive behaviour therapy tools and strategies that will help your child fight back against anxiety and deal with life's challenges.