In anticipation of a new school year starting September 2021, registration for Kindergarten and early year students new to the St. James-Assiniboia School Division will take place on February 8. To register, see the following steps or contact your catchment area school for further information:
Determine your catchment area school via School Locator.
Visit the school website to access the registration forms. A list of St. James-Assiniboia School Division websites is available here.
Student PDF registration forms are available from each St. James-Assiniboia School Division early years' school's website.
The completed Student PDF registration form can be:
Note: Ensure you download the Student PDF registration form before you fill it out, or the form will not save your work when you go to save it.
For additional information, contact the early year's school in your catchment area. Contact information is available on their school website.
- Sent to the
school’s email address located on the school website (see school website); or
- Completed and dropped off at a school by booking an appointment with the school (see school website).
Note: COVID safe protocols will be followed when dropping off a completed Student PDF registration form:
- Staff will remain at a 2-metre physical distance, wear a medical facemask, and gloves for handling paper.
- Parents, guardians and caregivers must self-screen prior to arrival for appointment, wear a facemask, remain at a 2-metre physical distance and not exceed 15 minutes at the school.
Kindergarten Registration & Kindergarten Programs
Please see the following videos for a guided presentation of the Kindergarten registration process and more information on Kindergarten in the St. James-Assiniboia School Division:
Literacy Links 2021
Literacy Links is a FREE summer literacy program that supports parents who have a child entering Kindergarten this fall. Please check out the following for more information
French Immersion Kindergarten
French Immersion in St. James-Assiniboia begins in Kindergarten. For more information see,
French Immersion Kindergarten.
Interactive Map of Early Years Schools in the St. James-Assiniboia School Division
Online Out-of-Catchment and Out-of-Division Request for Kindergarten to Grade 5
Important: All students must first register at their catchment area school before submitting their interest in registering out-of-catchment
For a student living in the St. James-Assiniboia School Division (SJASD) area wanting to express their interest in attending a school for 2021-22 in the SJASD out of their catchment area, the SJASD's school webpages will have a link for an online form for the waitlist.
- All students on this waitlist should be registered first at their catchment school.
- The online form will be available at 8:00 a.m. on February 12 (https://bit.ly/socreg2021)
- This waitlist will close on June 18, 2021.
Families on the waitlist will be notified of the status of their request starting June 18, 2021.